1. Boil the milk with the cane sugar and the ground coffee in a small saucepan.
2. Remove from the heat, add the rum and the cream, and add the eggs and yolks (whisked in a bowl together with the sugar).
3. Mix well and pass through a colander to remove any remaining coffee powder.
4. Distribute the mixture between ten ramekins and bake them in the oven at 284°F for about 30 minutes.
5. Once cooked (to check make sure that the cream has thickened), cool in the fridge.
6. Put the grappa in a pan with high sides and heat it.
7. As soon as it is hot, remove from the heat, carefully flambé it, then wait for the flame to die out and cool the remaining liquid.
8. Prepare the sorbet by mixing the syrup, Grappa (which has had the alcohol removed), and cream, then freeze it in the ice-cream maker and place in the fridge.
9. Add the espresso coffee to the vanilla sauce, cool, then add the cream. Put in a siphon or sprayer.
10. Sprinkle the cane sugar over the cream in the ramekins and caramelise the sugar.
11. Pour the sorbet into glasses and spray over the coffee and chocolate foam.
12. Serve the cream and the sorbet together.