1 cup ricotta cheese
2 shots of Grappa
10 San Marzano (plum) tomatoes
1 red chilli
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 sprig of thyme
1 sprig of sage
1 sprig of oregano
15 basil leaves
salt to taste
12 oz farfalle pasta
1. Mix the ricotta with a shot of Grappa and then place in the oven at 122°F for 4 hours to dry.
2. Cut the ricotta into small cubes and set aside.
3. Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water, remove peel and seeds, and chop.
4. Sauté the chilli and garlic with the olive oil, remove the garlic and add the tomatoes.
5. Cook for a few minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon.
6. Add the herbs and one shot of Grappa.
7. Cook for a few more minutes and add salt to taste.
8. Cook the spaghetti in plenty of salted boiling water, drain, dress with the sauce and top with the ricotta cubes.