1. Clean the cardoons and the artichokes, cut them into cubes and cook for 10 minutes in a little olive oil.
2. Finely chop the onion and sauté with a little oil, then filter the oil and discard the onion.
3. Put the oil back into the pan and sauté the rice, sprinkle with a little grappa and then add the vegetable stock and stir, simmering until the rice is cooked.
4. Add the cardoons and artichokes, then the butter and parmesan and stir.
5. Divide the risotto between 6 plates, dust with ground coffee, and decorate with fried artichoke slices and with a reduction of grappa made by cooking the grappa with the sugar until syrupy.